Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 25

NOTE: Sorry I stopped updating, but I'm gonna finish them all now.

A first

One giant first for me is my first (of many, hopefully) time in Africa. This entire trip is a series of firsts. First time kayaking. First time in both the Indian and Atlantic oceans. First time off the North American continent. First American lesbian many MANY people have ever met. First time truly feeling the impact of racism. First time being a racial minority, first time teaching someone in a different language. First time appreciating certain aspects of America.

There are countless others that are both inconsequential and monumental. I cannot begin to explain how much this trip has changed me in amazing ways. I’m more independent, more confident, more assertive, more powerful, more appreciative, more alive. I cannot wait to come back to this country and continent with my family and see how it continues to foster growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment